William & Mary Quarterly
The OI is an independent research organization sponsored by William & Mary.
Transcription Digital Projects
“The Volume and Structure of the Transatlantic Slave Trade: A Reassessment.”
By David Eltis.
- Introduction (PDF)
- Download spreadsheets
The spreadsheets are available as a download. They are saved as a WinZip file. For more information about WinZip, please visit http://www.winzip.com/info.htm
- Tables (all saved as PDF)
- Table I: Imputed Nationalities of Slave Voyages Leaving Africa, 1527-1867.
- Table II: Slaves Carried across the Atlantic on British Ships
- Table III: Slaves Carried into the Atlantic Trade by French Ships, 1630-1810
- Table IV: Slaves Carried Across the Atlantic by Dutch Ships, 1630-1810
- Table V: Africans Carried into the Atlantic Slave Trade on Portuguese Vessels.
- Table VI: Africans Carried into the Atlantic Slave Trade by Nationality of Carrier
- Table VII: Volume of the Transatlantic Slave Trade from Africa by Nationality of Carrier, 1519-1867.